Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, Ephesians 6:7
In missionary training, they asked Cindy how she felt about going someplace really hot that could be dangerous. As a thirty year old single lady she was willing to go. Thirty years later, she’s still there.
She went as a linguist. She was willing to learn a new language with a difficult dialect to convey the Gospel message to people who had never heard the name of Jesus.
But she didn’t just learn the language. She learned the people. She understood their physical needs as well as their spiritual needs. She saw the connection between meeting someone’s physical need to earn the trust to speak into their spiritual need.
It was then she contacted mPower about training some of the believers in her area to extract teeth. She began praying about funding such an endeavor. God provided those funds through a successful Facebook campaign and the death of her father.
That was ten years and four trainings ago. Cindy has established several health clinics in the area where there is no access to dental care. God used her to figure out the language to translate the Gospel and to then actually put the Gospel in motion by serving the physical needs as well.
- June 23- July 2: WEST AFRICA – extraction, vision, dental hygiene
- August 10 – 20: PNG – extraction
- September 22-October 1: SOUTH ASIA – extraction
- November 1-12: NEPAL- extraction, dental hygiene
- January 6 – 13: INDIA – sewing, extraction
- February 2 – 11: UGANDA – extraction
- MARCH 7 – 18: PNG – partial dentures